For this knowledge-based article, we assume most people want a good plain-English summary. Here is how we respect your privacy at Hill Management Group | Werx Brands:
Why We Collect Data
1. To provide clients with services they have asked about or contracted for.
2. To understand preferences and interests. For example, we do not want to bother someone with email on topics about which they are completely disinterested.
3. To sell! Like you, we use digital marketing as our primary method of sales outreach.
4. To collect money for products sold and services rendered. We do not ever collect and store credit card or ACH data on our own servers. All customer payment data is collected/stored/processed through Quickbooks, HubSpot, Paypal, or Stripe.
5. To provide, monitor, update, secure, and improve performance of our websites, platforms, digital services, communities.
What Kinds of Data Do We Collect?
- Personal/contact data: including contact data like email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers, and demographic data, like geographical location, preferred pronouns, role or title, etc.
- Workspace and account information: including email address, password, domain and other account setup details, payment information, and billing details.
- Services metadata: contextual information about what you were doing when you were interacting with one of our websites or platforms. For example, we log the channels, features, content and links you view or interact with.
- Log data: Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our websites or services. This includes data like IP address, the address of the web page(s) you visited, browser type, date and time of access, and language preferences.
- Device information: Our servers automatically collect information about what type of device, operating system you use.
- Location information: Our servers log your location information based on IP address used to access our websites or services.
- Third-Party data: We may receive data about organizations, industries, lists of companies that are customers, website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from affiliates, our partners, our CRM system, or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate-level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Audio and video: We may receive, capture, and store metadata derived from your accessing video and podcasts or participating in community forums in our websites and platforms. This data will include devices used to watch/listen to content and dates/times of usage. The only time we will ever collect video or audio of your participation in any of our events or community platforms is when we have provided advanced notice that an event is being recorded and you have chosen to allow permissions to your video and/or microphone.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, your likes and dislikes, by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which of our websites and pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with better websites, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Links to other websites. Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
- Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How We Use Data
1. To communicate via phone, fax, WhatsApp, text, social media, snail mail, and whatever other communication mediums spring up that our customers and prospects wish to use.
2. To provide customer support and send service emails and other communications.
3. To respond to requests, comments, and questions.
5. To send information about our products and services.
6. To analyze information about prospective clients, including company (firmographic) information, demographic information, and technographic information.
7. To analyze, manage, update, and secure our systems.
8. For billing, account management, and other administrative matters. We do not ever store credit card or ACH data on our own servers. All customer payment data is collected/stored/processed through Quickbooks, HubSpot, Paypal, or Stripe.
How We Share and Disclose Information
We share your information with specific third-party providers for the purpose of providing services to you and to facilitate our legitimate interests. Those service providers will only be provided with access to your information as is necessary to complete the service or transaction. Some of the third parties with whom we share personal information include:
Billing: All our billing takes place through QuickBooks, HubSpot, PayPal or Stripe. These companies require billing details, and personal details including email and physical addresses and phone numbers.
CRM System: Personal and company data disclosed in this policy are stored in our CRM system.
Email Services: Additional email services we may use include Google Suite, SendFox and Mailercloud. Email addresses, physical addresses, and names are shared with these services in order to send marketing and service email.
Data analytics and predictive analytics: We use a variety of data analytics tools to help us understand who our customers are, what they want, and how we can better serve them. Customer data processed within these systems is not allowed to be shared with other companies or used for anything other than our own data insights.
Security systems: We use password encryption services, firewalls, and other security tools to protect systems and data. These systems collect usage, device, services and log data to fulfill their purpose.
Advertising: We partner with third party ad servers, ad networks and social media platforms (like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, YouTube) to deliver personalized advertisements (“ads”) on our sites and other sites that may be of interest to you and/or to measure their effectiveness, and/or to identify potential new users of our services.
- We may share certain information with our third-party advertising partners, such as your email address, location, or cookie information and allow partners to perform a match of your information against information from other third-party networks or sites to serve ads (including, but not limited to Facebook, Google and YouTube) and to measure the effectiveness of these ads. We also share certain information with social media platforms to display advertising to potential new users whose demographics and behavior look like those of our existing users. You can opt out of having your email matched by emailing email@example.com.
- Hill Management Group does not sell or rent the information we collect directly from you or about you from third parties with these third-party ad servers or ad networks for such parties’ own marketing purposes.
Sharing with Authorities: We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement, police, intelligence sharing or others if presented with a warrant or where we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud, breaches of our contracts or agreements, harmful or illegal activity, to protect Hill Management Group LLC (our rights, property or intellectual property), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
We Will Not Share Your Data for Profit or Trade
- The data we collect is solely for the purpose of selling to, servicing, billing, and understanding our clients and for administrative, operational and security purposes.
- All our service providers must have similarly strict privacy policies, including never using data we store or process in their systems for any purpose other than for our contracted use.
- We will never sell, rent, or share your data with any other organization for their use.
Keeping Your Information Safe
We care about the security of your information and use appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to services that require login. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from us at all times. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on our systems may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We Respect Your Requests for Transparency
If you wish to know what information about you we have stored in our systems, or wish for us to remove, correct inaccuracies in, or restrict access to your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.