We are a principle-based company, meaning we operate according to a shared set of principles rather than a handbook or rule book. Here are our nine guiding principles.
Principle Based Company
We are a Principle-Based company, which means we operate from a shared set of principles rather than from a rule book. Why? Because principles are better able to guide us through the complexities of modern life. Rules tend to be rigid and, even when they apply effectively to one situation, they may not apply to another. Principles, individually or combined with one another, are a much better way to guide behavior, decision-making, and responsibility. So, what are our principles?
1. Accountability. We each must be accountable to ourselves, each other, our customers, our vendors, our communities, and our world. No passing the buck or pointing fingers! "I own it" is a valuable phrase around here.
2. Honesty and Integrity. We are committed to being truthful, transparent, and consistent in everything we do.
3. Dignity and Respect. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. We do this in our actions, words, tone, and intentions.
4. Fun and Joy. We believe it is important to have fun with and find joy in one another, our customers, our partners, and in our work. We have been asking "does it give us joy" since 2007 (a lot longer than Marie Kondo!).
5. Life Balance. We work individually and with/for one another to maintain work/life balance.
6. Genuine Understanding. We must always seek first to understand, then to be understood.
7. Personal Growth. We are committed to constantly pursuing personal, intellectual, and creative growth.
8. Know Our Priorities. We seek to understand what is most important, and to prioritize accordingly. We look to the other principles to help us do this!
9. Learn From Our Mistakes. We value embracing our mistakes and being open about them so everyone can learn from them.
Other Articles You May Enjoy About Our Values
- Our Guiding Philosophy and Reason for Existence
- Our Customer Philosophy
- Our Consulting Philosophy
- Our Marketing Philosophy
- Our Software and Technology Philosophy
- Our Knowledge-Sharing Philosophy